Monday, August 06, 2007

Someone Finally Got it Right!




Ok, so I am hoping that other stores will follow this lead and start doing this with some of their styles of pants so that ALL women can be happy.

Apparently Lane Bryant (sizes 14 and up) has realized that not all women are the same size and have curves and came up with the "Right Fit" selection of jeans at their store. Now I don't care if you are a size 4, 14 or whatever, I think when it comes to the sizing of jeans/pants women have ALWAYS gotten the bad end of the deal. Too long, too short, don't fit the hips, don't fit the waist, to baggy, too tight.....You all know! At times buying a pair of pants can turn a pleasant day of shopping into a day of hell that is ended either buy an extreme workout or an extreme binge of chips dipped in peanut butter cup ice cream! ok, most likely the later ;-)

My husband can walk into ANY store and get his size pants without trying them on and they will fit great every time. I can go into three different stores and wear three different size pants! Ridiculous!

So anyways, Lane Bryant came up with a few different pairs of jeans and pants that are considered "Right Fit". You measure your waist and hips and depending on the amount of curve/body shape (are you a pear shape, triangle, circle, square, ect...) you get a certain color and size. The colors are designed for people who may be more curvy or not so curvy and keep in mind what problems they may have when buying pants. (bulges, gaps, baggy areas) They also have these in petite, regular and tall. So really these pants are designed to fit your body perfectly!

Genius!!! I mean seriously...why can't all department stores (or at the least online stores) have a small section of pants that are done in this way? Measure the waist, hips and inseam......and there are your pants!!!! I don't think it would be that hard and I already know many of my friends who would like this.....I know I would LOVE it!

5 comments:

  1. Being a "curvy" girl...I was thrilled about the new Lane Bryant pant system.

    I can't wait to get a pair of pants that actually fit everywhere. :)

    It really is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 AM

    The best part about these jeans is that the pockets aren't wide-set like a lot of the new trendy jeans out there. They're actually ON the butt, not on the hips! I mean, really, I don't need help making my butt look wider with pockets that are set far apart.

    This is the first time IN MY LIFE I've been a size 1 or 2. :)

    Also, the saleswomen are nice and helpful with the measuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I had to search to find this post again....but I had to share this:

    I got a pair of right fit jeans this weekend at LB and they are awesome. Seriously, it's the first pair of jeans - EVER - that have fit me. [even when i was smaller - read a size 10 - jeans were not good].

    bonus? i'm a size 1 at LB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!!!!

    I got a pair from there (i like the dark flare) and you are so right....they do fit better than any jeans I have had before, even when I was smaller! I wish more people would do this, it is genius!

    And yes, saying you are a single digit size is AWESOME! YAY!

    ReplyDelete