Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little Things…

Tuesdays are the one night each week that Kristen, Terry and I are all together and can enjoy a relaxing evening with dinner and some TV. Terry has class Monday, Wed, & Thursday nights till after 9:30 and Kristen is usually gone Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. Meanwhile, I am home every night. This is very enjoyable at times while other times it can be a bit lonely.

But it is all forgotten and made right again on Tuesdays when T & K get home around 8pm and I have dinner ready (ok sometimes I order Chinese) for my busy hubby & sister and we can sit down for a couple hours and watch TV over dinner. It really makes me smile just thinking about it.

Last night I made some wicked good chili and we caught up on TV on our DVR…Bones and Chuck to be exact. Here are my peeps so happy to be eating their scolding hot chili and watching TV as a family! Just look at those smiles....you can't fake that! (And K's evil eyes....she gets crazy when I cook!)


Even with all the craziness that goes on, these moments just make me happy and so thankful for the little things and any time together we do have.

Don’t forget to enjoy the little things.



Oh, and in case you were wondering….

- Yes, that is Terry’s ponytail on his shoulder and yes his hair is longer than mine.

- Yes, those are some pretty wicked sideburns he has. (He is keeping them just a few months longer and then chopping everything off before he goes to Cincinnati as he wants a more “professional” look. Personally, I think he has the creeping mortician look going right now!)

- Yes, we eat at the coffee table in our living room. We do have a dining room table, but there is no TV in the dining room so I am sure you understand why we have no other choice but to cram around a coffee table and sit on the floor to eat dinner.

- Yes Kristen will ham it up infront of any camera….she is good like that.

- Yes all these little things that I have mentioned above are just more reasons why I loooooove my peeps so very much.

2 comments:

  1. It is my opinion that T should KEEP the chops. And grow a moustache! That would be awesome.

    Glad you had a good night with your peeps!!

    ReplyDelete