So Terry had part of this weekend off so we both decided that we were going to spend a big chunk of the weekend spring-cleaning. We had intentions of purging a lot of our junk, wash everything in sight, bring out the carpet scrubber, do all the little projects from the past year that we have been waiting for warmer weather to do. We were determined to stop putting these projects off any longer. We have let cleaning go for far too long and thought this would be a great weekend. We told people this is what we were going to do and chances are we won’t see you…I guess as a form of motivation. We were as pumped as one can be to know their entire weekend was going to be used cleaning, but were excited to see the end result.
So did we get our cleaning accomplished…I’ll let you decide.
* Got out of bed at 12:30pm on Saturday
* We cleaned out the refrigerator & brought the clothes from the basement to the bedroom (though the clothes didn’t make it to the dresser, they are still in baskets)
* I did the dishes; Terry put a new shower curtain up.
* We took showers
* Decided we would “clean later” and instead wanted to go get lunch & see the Chronicles of Narnia at the theater. So we did.
* Played a competitive game of putt-putt after.
* Spent an hour at Wal-Mart
* Got home around 10pm, watched TV
* Got up around 10am on Sunday (T went to work for a few hours)
* I watched the movie Timeline, then watched the last half of Merlin, and started watching the Indian Jones marathon.
*T. came home around 3pm, we made lunch and watched the movie The Core (I don’t know what it was this weekend about wanting to watch random movies that were on TV, I think that shows how much we DIDN'T want to clean?!)
* We invited our friends over Sunday evening. We hung out and watched TV.
Yep, I think it was a good start on the cleaning, made some progress. ;) Baby steps I say! At this rate we will have our house completely cleaned just in time for us to do it again and procrastinate again next year. I am sure next weekend we will clean., yep NEXT weekend!
Does anyone else have a hard time starting their big spring cleaning?!?!