Sorry for the lack of blogging but I have been sick. A couple weeks ago I had the sore/itchy throat but it started to go away so I thought I was in the clear. Then Easter Sunday the little bitch came back and infected me. Now I am getting over some sorta sickness.
I stayed home from work yesterday and slept. ALL DAY. From 9p.m. on Tuesday until 7a.m. Thursday, I slept 28 out of the 34 hours and lounged around on the couch in a daze those other 6. Though I am at a point in my flu where it is tolerable, I am still ready for the weekend so I can continue to rest up.
However, while I was at home yesterday I had some random thoughts:
- I don’t like going to Doctors….I just want to deal with my sickness myself.
- Nyquil isn’t as fun to take when you are actually sick.
- I love the dreams I have on Nyquil…they are crazy!
- As much as I hate it, Vick’s cream really does work. I slathered that stuff on me at night and I could actually breathe!
- There does reach a point when even the comfiest of beds is no longer a place you would like to be. My limit – 18 straight hours. (I slept for 17 hours and then watched TV for another hour.) Of course after I finally got out of bed, cleaned up, got some soup, and watched TV I was ready to go back to bed for what would be another 11 hours of sleep.
- Does BRAVO show anything other than reality TV? I am not try to smack talk BRAVO, I love that channel. But I am not sure if they show anything other than reality TV shows.
- I love Top Chef! YAY for the mini-marathon!
- I always feel guilty when I take a sick day and I am ACTUALLY sick. I have taken “mental health” days in the past at other jobs and don’t feel bad at all, but when I am actually sick I feel like I am doing something wrong ~ weird!
- I’ll admit that I am a bit of a baby when I am sick. I just want to stay in bed and be taken care of….I think everyone is to some degree.
- There is a fine line between a somewhat sexy voice when you are sick and the disgusting sick voice. The sexy voice is nice, slightly deeper and you want to hear yourself talk and/or sing with this new voice (think Phoebe from Friends). The disgusting sick voice is when you can’t even stand to hear yourself talk b/c you sound like you have some alien living inside you. You breathe heavily through your mouth, you have snot dripping out of you that you try to suck back in, you hack and/or sneeze every time you try to talk, your nose is all raw and dry, and people don’t want to come near you b/c you sound like hell. I am the latter.
- Bugs are back. Now that it is warmer bugs are starting to come back into our house…but no fear, our little Belle will take care of them. Yesterday she found a centipede on the wall (ick) and a big black spider on the floor. She played with the spider for awhile before I killed it. She is a good little bug hunter.
- Wednesday are a great day of the week to have off. I think we should petition for a 4 day work week with Wed. off.
- I missed blogging.