Monday, May 07, 2007

See Ya!!!!!




So today begins the first official week of sanity in the town where I live. YAY!!!


This weekend all the college students that live in the dorms (and a large chunk from off-campus) had to hit the road because the academic year is officially over!!!! I am so super excited! Even Sunday when T & I were out we noticed a huge difference in the town. Not as many annoying students walking the streets, driving their cars, taking up space in our town. It is excellent!


I am typically not a summer person (my least favorite of all the seasons) however...this is the ONE thing about summer I love - no more students! WHOOPEE!!!!




Please note: This does not include my sister.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I would ache for school to be over just so the 'kids' would leave. And I'd dread the middle of August when they all came back. That's why I had to move out, since after all, it is a college town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 AM

    This post leaves me to ask why you live in a college town if you don't like the crowded student population? Why not move somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....I like the feel of the town in general. It has a nice downtown area, it isn't a big city (I don't like cities) and it is small enough that I feel comfortable but not too big that I feel lost.

    However, that doesn't mean that for the 3 months that students are gone I don't feel a relief...it is a nice laid back atmosphere. I am sure that if there were no students ever...i would miss it b/c the town wouldn't have the same personality that I have come to love about the town. But I think it is fair enough to say I am allowed to enjoy the few months of freedom away from young kids doing stupid and annoying things

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I love that you said that the post does not include our sister. :-)

    hee hee.

    ReplyDelete