Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Time Phenomenon!






This morning I experienced what I like to call a time phenomenon. It is where for a strange reason the time in my day alters for unknown reasons. I am sure we have all experienced this before like when we are at work and you think 2 hours goes by and it is only 20 minutes or vice versa. Or you wake up in the morning early, follow your same morning routine and are still rushing around because you are running late. Or (like me this morning) you wake up late, dilly dally around the house taking your time, make stops on your way to work, and still get to work 15 minutes early!!!!

Here is my example: (Please note: At NO point was I rushing, infact I was like eeyore just taking my time and not really caring about getting anywhere fast!)

- 6:45 a.m. wake up (normally I wake up at 6:30 or 6:15 if I need to shower)
No need to take a shower, as I normally shower in the evening (just wanted to throw that out there!)
- 6:50 a.m. look at my self in the mirror for 5 minutes (actually I think I fell back a sleep standing up b/c I really don’t know what I did for that time)
- 6:55 a.m. Contacts, brush teeth, spray some hair spray in my hair (it looked fine how it was), deodorant, perfume, ect..
-7:02 a.m. Talk & pet the cats in the hall
-7:05 a.m. Get dressed
-7:08 a.m. Go downstairs and pack lunch
-7:12 a.m. Realize I am WAY ahead of schedule and play with the cats some more
-7:16 a.m. Finally decide to leave and kill time by getting coffee
-7:20 a.m. No line at Starbucks…get coffee right away
-7:24 a.m. On the road to work
-7:40 a.m. Realize I am REALLY earlier for work so I get a bagel (no line again)
-7:45 a.m. Walk into work an entire 15 minutes earlier!!!
-7:45-8 a.m. Sit at my desk pondering what just happened

Now, as I said before…this is really a strange phenomenon to me. I usually get up an entire 15 minutes earlier and rush around to leave by 7:35 a.m., don’t make any stops, and typically arrive at work either right on time or 5 minutes late (if I need coffee)!!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?!?! I hope the rest of the day doesn't go this slow!

2 comments:

  1. Time phenomenons are crazy! I would love (I think) to have a smart person explain to me why sometimes the weeks seem to go fast and sometimes the weeks seem to go slow. Last week, for example, on Thursday, I was thinking it was Tuesday. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so comical! it's just a law of nature, i guess?

    ReplyDelete