Do you know Your Thanksgiving history? Here are some questions about this wonderful holiday! Guess here, the answers will be in the comment section. Let us know how you did!!! Share your own Thanksgiving fun facts!!!
1) What year was the first Thanksgiving celebrated?
2) The first Thanksgiving lasted for three days! What didn't the Pilgrims eat?
3) Were Indians invited to the Pilgrim's first feast?
4) The potato is America's most beloved veggie. Why didn't the Pilgrims whip up some mashed potatoes for their big dinner?
Many Pilgrims were allergic to spuds.
Potatoes were thought to be poisonous.
Potatoes weren't eaten in the U.S. until the early 1800s.
5) Which U.S. president scoffed at the idea of a national holiday in honor of the first Thanksgiving?
6) Approximately what percentage of American homes eats turkey on Thanksgiving?
7) Which country consumes the most turkey per year per capita?
8) The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade began in?
9) What state first adopted Thanksgiving as a national holiday?
10) Why did they originally celebrate Thanksgiving? (Fill in the blank)