Yep, I have officially been quarantined in my house today and by the recommendation of my employer not allowed to go to work as I have pink eye in BOTH eyes. UGH. (I prefer to call it by its formal name, conjunctivitis...sounds much cooler then pink eye.)
I have NO clue were I got it, and I sure hope no one farted on my pillows…..pay backs are a bitch. I started noticing it Saturday, as I celebrated my birthday weekend with my family. Yeah, fun times. It then spread to my other eye Sunday and by Sunday night I just felt (and looked) like crap. I will spare any gross details of the symptoms, but it totally sucks waking up and not being able to open your eyes AT ALL because they are stuck shut.
So I went to the doctor and got drops and today I am doing the following on my "day off":
- Washing sheets (that were just put on the bed Saturday night)
- Washing all the blankets on the bed...just to be safe.
- Washing towels
- Disinfecting door handles, railings and other things that I may have touched (even though I am washing my hands frequently and being careful)
- Getting rid of my contact cases and saline
- And what makes me sad, getting rid of the following make up items: My favorite MK mascara, a three pack of eye shadow, 3 awesome eye brushes, and the saddest departure is with my bare minerals under eye concealer and brush :( What sucks is I only wear make up a few times a month so alot of this stuff is hardly used. I am really really trying hard to logically come up with a way to keep my makeup....but I think it is going to have to go.
oh well, at least it is nice outside today and I guess this is an excuse to get more makeup!
Now, and much more importantly I had such a lovely weekend with my family!! We hung out Saturday afternoon and then went to Carabbas for dinner. We had a very tasty dinner with some delicious sangria! When we came home we opened presents and had some Wixey Bakery cupcakes for dessert! Sunday my mom and I made a great brunch consisting of french toast, scrambled eggs and bacon. I love having them up here!
I also got some very fun and thoughtful gifts this year. I got some crocheting needles and supplies, a gift card to Finders, some CD's, a new wii game, an oven safe cooking pot, Giada's cookbook, some bowls, and a Wii Fit*! Thank you T. & family :) So now my birthday "week" has come to an end and it was wonderful, conjunctivitis and all! Now the countdown to 30 can begin.
*I will write more about my Wii Fit in an upcoming post.
May it be known that Conjunctivitis has a number of different causes, including:
Bacteria (such as gonorrhea or chlamydia)
Irritants such as shampoos, dirt, smoke, and pool chlorine
Allergies, like dust, pollen, or a special type of allergy that affects some contact lens wearers
Conjunctivitis caused by some bacteria and viruses can spread easily from person to person, but are not a serious health risk if diagnosed promptly.
**Fecal matter is not the ONLY way you can get this!!
I have my theories on how this happened. One I went to the DMV and got one of those eye tests. My one cat has also been caught sleeping on my pillow this past week. I also find it funny that even though I am on medicine, people freak out about it. I can't wait till this is gone.