Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I Would Still Find Some Way To Go Over The Edge.

This email was sent to me today. It contains pictures of people swimming near the edge of The Victoria Falls located on the Zambezi River and border the African nations of Zambia and Zimbabwe. Apparently during the months of September and December the levels of the water are low enough to create a naturally formed pool, known as The Devil’s Swimming Pool. This is possible due to a natural rock wall just below the water and at the very edge of the falls that stops their progress despite the current. People can venture to the very edge of the 128 meter tall waterfall (let me repeat that for the people in the back – WATERFALL) and swim around.

Um….thanks but no thanks.

Below are real pictures and even a video.

6 comments:

  1. oh my god. why in the heck would anyone do that? no way. no freaking way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! that is PRETTY intense. i guess it's reserved for all the adrenaline-junkies of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just threw up. OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am scared just looking at this!
    how did you get your pics side by side???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, this looks like an amazing experience, but it's one that you would NEVER see me partake in. No way. I'm too afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. freckleface: First I write what I have to write. Then when I upload them in to blogger I use the tab that says "left" at the bottom of the uploading page. Once the pics are uploaded on the compose page I just click and drag them side by side where I want them. I am not going to lie, it can some times take FOREVER! I have spent sometimes 20 minutes moving pics until they are perfect.

    Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete