Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Get The GIST - Grace in Small Things (Mid-Week) List

I haven’t done this for awhile and sometimes you just need to take a moment and appreciate these "little" things in life. So I doubled up on my list of things that I feel grateful for today.


- Instant messaging with my mom

- That it is halfway through the work week…the weekend is getting closer!

- That it is absolutely lovely outside

- Having a stocked refrigerator (after 2 weeks of having an empty one) and actually cooking a healthy meal for T & K yesterday AND today

- Original Wheat Thins

- It is (Pink) Lemonade “Season”

- Sunny Spring mornings that have a fresh smell. It is delightful

- Watching my cats chirp and get excited about the birds outside the window this morning. They crack me up

- That my sister and I are meeting once a week to have lunch together during the summer

- I paid my second to last car payment for my car today! Just one more left and that bitch is mine.


Anything you are grateful for today?!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I too am excited about pink lemonade 'season'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add what I'm grateful for!

    I'm grateful for on-site child care. And babies who sleep through the night.

    I'm grateful to have a husband who loves our son as much as I do.

    I'm grateful for the park at the end of our block and beautiful weather so we can enjoy it.

    I'm grateful for friends and their impromptu visits.

    I'm grateful for the neighborhood library and their online book request system.

    I'm grateful for Dr. Pepper. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for work today. Ok, I'm not (since it's Memorial Day and the world has the day off), but it is my mantra that I AM GRATEFUL!

    I am happy for a fun/relaxing weekend that I spent at the Chesapeake Bay.

    ReplyDelete