Wednesday, February 03, 2010
You Love Me, You Really Really Love Me
I have been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award by the lovely Two Pretzels; why thank you very much!! Check out her totally awesome blog HERE. I love this stuff, so here we go!
Here are the rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award. Of Course!
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog. Done.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award. Done.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself. (See below).
5. Nominate 7 bloggers. (See below).
My 7 "Interesting" things:
1. When I was in middle school we competed individually with other schools to write a commercial for earth day and draw a picture with it. The winner would have their commercial played regularly on the radio and their picture made into a billboard for Earth Day. I was one of the 8 or so finalists and got to read my commercial on the radio so people could vote! I was at a Catholic school at the time and my stuff was entitled “And on the 8th day” and showed this forest and pond with trash everywhere and animals surrounded by trash and even had a duck with a six pack plastic ring around its neck and my commercial were these two animals talking about how we trashed this beautiful world God had made…pretty creative for a 6th grader, right?! I didn’t win, maybe a bit too religious, but it rocked and I got to hear myself on the radio and go to the station to record a commercial like the pros do!
2. My oh so lovely and considerate husband thinks it is HI-larious to grab my big toes or thumbs because when he does I seriously become virtually immobile and will start crying. I don’t know why, but when he grabs my big toe or thumbs I literally become unable to move and I hate that feeling of being trapped. Ok, maybe not so much interesting as weird.
3. During my summer internship at a resort in Florida, I got to dress up in a costume as a giant Toucan and walked through the resort meeting kids and guests. It was hot and stinky and I LOVED it. I think I want to be a mascot when I grow up.
4. Though maybe not really interesting: I slept with my stuffed animal named Kitty until I turned 29. I only stopped because I had gotten 2 eye infections in the last 4 years (one of which was on my 29th birthday last year) so I figured it may be time to retire my germ infested, bacteria laden stuffed animal for good. She still sleeps next to my bed and goes on trips with me though.
5. I am a 3 time hairy buffalo fruit bobbing champion. I have the pictures to prove it. My parents are so proud.
6. I hated avocado up until a couple of years ago. Now I cannot get enough of them, I seriously LOVE avocado.
7. I talk about my sister over at Skulls and Crossbones who is almost 22, but did you know I also have two younger brothers who live in FL. One is 20 and one is 17….boy that makes me feel old as I am almost 30 and my siblings are all so young!
Ok, I nominate: (Sorry, I just noticed there may be duplicates on other's blogs!)
1. My extremely witty and hilarious friend over at My Reality. (Though, like Two Pretzels said, I know you are rather busy with your beautiful new addition and do not expect any comments or blog posts, but we all think you are a Beautiful Blogger!!!!)
2. My new crafty friend who I will be stalking next year when T. is in Cinci., A Couple More Hours
3. My fun friend with great taste in music over at Write Here, Write Now
4. My lovely sister, Skulls And Crossbones, who when she does blog in between school and work is just HILARIOUS
5. To Athena’s Bees who is SO funny and sarcastic (which I love) and is always eager to help others out (which is a very unique & amazing characteristic).
6. To Aimless Oasis who, even though we do not know each other, I can tell is such a positive person!
7. To 2 Peas in My Pod (or now three peas!!) who I enjoy reading her blog because she is not afraid to put herself and religious beliefs out there and I truly admire that!