Friday, September 11, 2009

Sex and the City 2 - Should They or Shouldn't They....

I am a huge fan of Sex and the City, so much so that my wonderful hubby got me the entire series a few years back. I really liked the movie and though I am excited for another movie I am not sure where this new movie is going to go without being too ridiculous and wonder if they should have just left it at one movie and not a sequel. My doubts were increased a bit when I saw these photos released from the filming.

From the looks of it, they may be doing an 80’s flashback, like when the girls met?! Though I love me a good flashback scene, I am not buying it 100%. Mainly because a couple of the women look even older instead of looking younger! Particularly Samantha & Carrie. (Photos below) Charlotte and Miranda seem to be able to pull off the “I am in my 40’s trying to look like I am in my 20’s” look well enough, but the other two just look like they are in their late 40’s and in a bad Halloween costume. Not cute. I mean I think they are all beautiful and look amazing normally, I just think Kim & Carrie look older, not younger in these photos. I wonder if the special effects department can do something about that?
















Also, here are some potential secrets from the movie. Who knows if any of these are remotely true, but this is what they are saying.

A GAY WEDDING! - The shooting schedule calls for an elaborate wedding scene to take place at a Connecticut inn. All signs point to a gay union between Stanford and Anthony Marentino. Slated as the entertainment: Liza Minnelli! *Stanford marrying Anthony?!?! Maybe.

CARRIE GOES HOME - Carrie and Big might be having issues. The evidence: Several scenes are being shot at the location that serves as Carrie's old apartment from her single-gal days. One report says she and Big will have problems rooted in money trouble, another report says he will have an affair, and another says Carrie will become pregnant. *duh, I could see any or all of these things happening…there has to be drama in Carrie’s life.

MILEY CYRUS MAY HAVE A SUPPORTING ROLE - The teen pop star has gushed about being a SATC fan -- and now it looks like she may get the chance to guest-star. One day of shooting has been carved out for her, according to the schedule. "They've asked her," says an insider. "But she hasn't confirmed.” *This better NOT be true. I will be beyond PISSED if she is anywhere in this movie. Not cool SATC, NOT COOL.

JASON LEWIS BACK? – There are reports that Jason Lewis, Smith Jerrad, will be back. *He is hot, I would like to see him.





And on a side note: My sister just started watching the SATC series a few weeks ago. Aw, my little girl is growing up! I do have to say that as fun as it is to watch this with my sister (who as a reminder is 8 years younger than me) there are a few episodes we come across where I feel a bit weird watching with her….almost like I want to say “close your eyes and cover your ears, you can’t see this!”, then I remember how old she is and I get over it…...for the most part.

8 comments:

  1. i don't know...as a fan of the series and the movie,i think they should have stopped after the 1st movie. it ended well..there was closure for everyone (for the most part) and really...the 80s? ugh. as my mom would say "they look too old to be playing these roles anymore!"

    but, that being said, i'm sure i'll be going to see SATC 2 when it arrives in theaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, you've gotten me into this show. You know the one thing out of your whole post that shocked me?

    Why the hell is 16 year old Miley Cyrus a SatC fan?! Seriously, she should not be watching this show. At. All. No, just no.

    Does she even have parents anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sad panda: i was wondering the same thing. NO way should a 16 year old be watching SATC! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't want there to be a sequel. it is getting to the point where it's like "just let the series be and leave the movie alone - no sequels"
    i love SATC, but i want it to stay the way it was. NO Miley Cyrus for crying out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I don't want there to be a sequel either.

    Leave good enough alone.

    And leave Miley Cyrus out of ALL of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Seriously though - how good does Kim Cattrall (sp?) look in those photos? Not her outfit, but her body. She's in her late 50's, no?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm on the fence with this one. I'll definitely watch it, but I'll be wincing the whole time hoping they don't mess it up.

    It does seem like a fun take on it, seeing how they all met, but I swear, if there's one Carrie and Big moment where they could break up - I'll be so not happy.

    Oh, and Miley Cyrus. I hope someone was joshing you about that. Hearing her little southern accent in NYC would send me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO SEQUEL! Big and Carrie are so annoying! Jason Lewis = Absolut Hunk LOL!

    ReplyDelete