Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wedding Countdown



Ok, for those other than me counting down, these posts will begin appearing randomly on my blog for the next couple months in preperation of our upcoming wedding!!! I apologize as I am sure this may get old, but I will be only getting married once - b/c I sure as hell do not want to EVER plan another one of these!! Seriously (on a side note) I am an event planner for a living and I DO NOT like the process of planning our wedding. Maybe that is the problem, I look at it more like work then my life, ha, oh well!!!

I do think that you should enjoy the process but don't be consumed by the process of planning a wedding. It isn't about the day but the commitment you are choosing to make to the person you love. If your relationship is centered around that day, your dress, the gifts - what will you have after the wedding??? Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited to have our wedding day b/c to have all the people we love the most there with us as we begin our life together is appreciated beyond words. I just want to make sure I keep my eyes open and as things get crazy over the next few months I/we will try VERY hard not to get consumed by the little things and instead focus on the relationship/future we are planning together! Maybe easier said then done at times, but we'll give it a go :-)

So the numbers as of today look like this:

3 days till the Bridal Shower

31 days till the bachlorette Party

52 days till the wedding

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, I love knowing this stuff. You should be SO EXCITED. You are going to be a stunning and gorgeous bride. Really.

    Keep all of the details coming! I can't believe just 52 days until the wedding. You have GOT to be so pumped about the shower and bachelorette party, too. JENN. YAY FOR YOU.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Got the invitation yesterday! Yay!

    I'm sure everything will turn out just the way you had always hoped! It will be beautiful.

    And if it makes you feel better to write the information in your blog, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete