* I am sorta over reality TV. It just seems like TV now is all reality shows but none of it has any substance and is the farthest thing from actual reality (Uh, Kardashians). I have gone back to watching real TV programming; you know where real actors get paid too much money to make shows with real scripts and have real story lines. So no more reality TV for me. Well of course except for Top Chef. And Tori & Dean. And Project Runway. And…ok about 10 other reality programs. BUT THAT IS IT, NOMORE. For now....
*Speaking of TV, T. & I have been watching the series Metal Evolution. I have realized the older I get the more I enjoy documentary type shows.
* I love cream soups, but I not a fan of how as you get down to the bottom of the soup it thins out and breaks down because of the saliva left on your spoon. ew
* Terry and I have always been that gross couple that share stories about poop or pick things off each other’s backs (we haven’t moved as far up the evolutionary chain as maybe some of our peers have), but I didn’t realize that poop and vomit would be the topic of many, I mean many of our conversations. I also didn’t think I would have such an interest in my sons poop. I am totally that mom who exams her child’s feces. No, not like I am all up in that shit; I just mean I like to keep a mental note of the consistency and look of his poop. I also love picking toe jam from between his toes.
* I am all about Half-Caff coffee right now. We have a Keurig at work and we have half-caff cups. I know I can have caffeine but I have really tried to limit my intake, not just for Henry but for me so half-caff coffee is perfect. LOVE IT! Of course, maybe having 3 cups of half-caff coffee instead of one cup of regular defeats the purpose of half-caff. hmmmmm
* There is a new movie coming out this summer called Magic Mike (HERE) and it stars Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, and Matt Bomer (oh Matt, how I love thee) and they are male strippers. Yeah, I will be going to see that movie….alone.
* I really like new magazines. I like the way they feel when you go through them the first time. I like the crispness of the pages. I like that there are no creases or wrinkles. The same is true for new books, you know, if I actually read books.
* When I was pregnant and watched my belly grow it didn’t seem like it was all that big, maybe because it was such a slow progression of growth. However, when going back and looking at pictures I think “DAMN GIRL! Your belly was huge!” I also think, “HOLY SHIT, a baby was in there! A BABY.” (It still blows my mind that Henry was growing inside me. Really?! How?!)
Lets flashback shall! Me the day before Henry was born. HUGE BELLY!
* Our son is 5 months old, 22 weeks. WOW. I mean it, WOW. I remember thinking that first month that 5 months seemed so far away. And now we are here and it seems like it has gone by so fast (and also not fast enough some days, strange). I just can’t believe how quickly our little one is growing. It is cramazing.
(Yes, this is also a way for me to sneak a picture of H. into a post.)
* Parents are coming up this weekend to celebrate my dad’s birthday. I am really looking forward to this. Besides the fact that I get to see my parents, Henry gets to hang out with his grandparents, and my parents get to see Henry it is a much needed break from weekends where I am home alone with Henry until 6:30pm both days. I hope it allows me to get down our Christmas tree (I KNOW!!) and clean the house. Also on the agenda: eat, eat, eat, watch TV, eat. Yep, sounds like a great weekend.
So what’s up with you?!