Sunday, September 16, 2012

6 Years of Marriage + 12 Years Together Means It Must Be Time For Anniversary Cake....And A Blog Post!

Six years ago today I married this man.



Was he my soulmate or the man of my dreams, eh....I don't know about that :)  

But I will say he is pretty darn amazing and I love the life and family we have created together over these years and I am still just as excited as I was 6 years ago to continue on this journey together and I still feel those flutters around you like the first time we met 12 years ago. (Though part of it may be caused by indigestion.) 

This journey has been thumbs up, for sure!



Over the last year, WE have taken a back seat to our child as we focused on getting through this first year.  With this new year, we are back to making sure that besides taking care of Henry, we also take care of US and our relationship.  It is tough.  Marriage is tough.  Some days you have to work on it, which Terry and I have found out more this last year.  But the thing is, there is no one else I would want to make this journey with and have by my side as my partner, my friend, my husband, and now the father to our child.  Well, not unless Johnny Depp could be a part of our marriage on occasion. No?! Ok, then just you is fine....I guess.

Terry, 

While this last year has really pushed both of us, I feel that we have actually become stronger and closer than ever before.  I love you for all that YOU are.  Thank you for being there when I need support, or to laugh, or a shoulder to cry on, or to get my jokes....especially the ones that only I think are funny.  Thank you for all your love and encouragement and not giving up on me even when I am being crazy and have given up on myself.  And thank you for giving me the most amazing gift a person can ever receive.  




I love you, my husband...BUNCHES and BUNCHES! mmmmwwwaaaaahhhh xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    awwww!! goosebumps!! i love it. thanks for sharing honestly and celebrating with us (your biggest blogger fans).
    here's to many more years of wedded bliss to come. :)

    Malissa/Trophy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly energetic post, I enjoyed that a lot. Could there be a part Two? http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete