Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wipe Out!

So, I have figured out that it is going to be one of those WEEKS!!!

I already mentioned that Monday was a crazy and frustrating day and Tuesday I was out sick with a horrible migraine. So here is my Wednesday story for all of you – please feel free to laugh as I did!

FYI: Today is a very wet and rainy day.

So my boss and I went to a lunch meeting and used a company car to drive there. We returned the car and were walking back to our office. We crossed the street and were walking in the grass and yours truly (Grace herself) was tip toeing through the wet grass when I reached a slick spot of mud, slipped and dove side first straight into the mud and wet grass!!!! I had tried to stop myself but it was just so slippery that I couldn’t catch myself and my entire right side of my body including part of my hair and almost my face was covered in mud and wetness! Thank goodness my elbow stopped me and I didn’t go face first into the mud – YUCK! Luckily I had a wind breaker type coat on and dark pants, so the coat got a lot of the damage and the black pants are hiding any mud we couldn’t get off.

During this fall I also broke my umbrella, ruined my purse and embarrassed myself! Oh well, whatcha gonna do?!?! I got up and walked my wet, messy ass through the parking lot of our college and straight into the restrooms. I cleaned my self off fairly well and I am sitting at work on some paper towels like a dog, but all is well. I laughed, got cleaned off and now I am sharing……. but I don’t know if I am interested to see what surprises tomorrow will bring?!?! (I am working an event at a construction site with tons of mud - no bad luck tomorrow please!)

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe... I think I totally heard you walking down the hall to the bathroom. I was in the Pres. conference room doing interviews and heard your distinct laugh/giggle at one point!!!!

    Oh my goodness! Those days suck... Definitely nothing to do but laugh!

    I hope tomorrow gets better for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well......it doesn't seem like i could get worse! i hope you have a better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh, you poor thing.

    At least you have an understanding boss who didn't make you feel bad. :-(

    Oh - here's to better days!

    ReplyDelete