Thursday, October 05, 2006

These Shoes Aren't Made For Walking!



So I just bought these gorgeous shoes! I LOVE them! I am very clumsy (refer to wipe out blog) and I am 5 '11 so I have a hard time finding cute heals that I can 1. walk in and 2. don't make me feel like godzilla! These shoes were perfect because they are a smaller/thicker heal, have a nice tread on the bottom, and are just cute!

But I have a small problem. I tried these shoes on in two different sizes (actually they were only a half size different). The smaller size was a little tight so I ended up purchasing the half size bigger - which fit really good in the store. So I brought them home and wore them around our apartment and noticed that the shoes were slipping off my heals!! Grrrr - they are slightly too big!

So I don't want to take them back and get the half size smaller because I am afraid they are going to be too tight and hurt with the smaller size. I tried putting folded paper towel in the heal of the shoe but that didn't come close to working. Now I don't know what to do? Do I take them back and forget about them, would some sort of insert thing work - if so what? Any suggestions?? I love these shoes and want to keep them but currently I can not wear my new shoes at all! Why can't they make a shoe that is a 1/4 inch in size :(

2 comments:

  1. Here's what you do. It may be uncomfortable at first, but these shoes will stretch out. So get the half size smaller, after a few wears, they will fit like a glove and you will be hot to trot.

    I've had to do this with a few pair of shoes, and trust me, it's the best option. Shoes that are too big are even more clumsy and difficult to walk in as opposed to somewhat tighter ones. That's my advice.

    And those are super cute! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle.

    Definitely get the 1/2 size smaller -- they will stretch out. No questions asked.

    I just did this recently with the red shoes I ordered.

    AWESOME shoes, too Jenn! Cute.

    ReplyDelete