Thursday, October 19, 2006

One of my Personal Favs!



So my friend “tiny” who also has a blog had a post about your favorite “over and over” again, favorite standby CD’s. You know the classic CD’s you can listen to all the way through all the time and never get tired of!

Well that got me thinking about one of my all-time favorite musicians (followed only second to Eric Clapton by about .0001 %). I thought I would introduce you to my favorite musician – John Hiatt! I love this guy; he sounds great live and has tons of energy! I just love his music lyrically and it just sounds awesome! John’s sound is rock with some Memphis influences (a little blues a little country). He has been around since the mid 70’s (I believe) and he is still making great music and sounds fabulous!

If you are not familiar with his name, you may recognize some of his songs. His most mainstream would be “Have a Little Faith in Me.” It has been redone many times, played in movies and was even played in commercials after the 9-11 attacks.

His website has a few songs to listen to, but if you are interested check out i-tunes or just google him! I have loved John ever since I can remember thanks to a dad that played great music in our house all the time when growing up (thanks dad!!). Even my 18 year sister loves John!!

For his website click here

Just my recommendation if you are interested in hearing a great musician! I am always interested in hearing of new or older musicians who have great music but may not be that mainstream! Any suggestions are very much welcomed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here's my recommendation for someone who is somewhat off the beaten path. She's not mainstream, but I think she could get there.

    Kasey Chambers. She's from australia, and she's a little bit rock, a little bit country, a little bit jazzy-blues. She makes me think of Janis Joplin a little bit.

    I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete