Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Don't Quit My Day Job!

So yesterday I had to deleiver a small, two-tier, wedding cake to an event we were doing for the board members at the place I work. (Falls under other duties as assigned) This mini cake had to be delivered about 25 minutes away. So I get the cake out of our work refrigerator and begin to take it to my car.

Some things to remember:
1) the cake was not covered. The box was open on top because of the size of the cake. I didn't like that too much!
2) It may be small but it was damn heavy!
3) It had two smaller boxes with fondant I had to carry and then assemble at the club where the dinner was being held
4) It was just me driving alone with this cake!

So the first problem was finding a place to put this cake where it wouldn't fall or move. I put it on the floor of my car and tried to jam things around the box to prevent it from moving. Then I was afraid it would melt so I drove 25 minutes with my air conditioning on - brrrr!! Then I had to drive so super slow around turns and bumps, it was ridiculous! I finally got the cake to the club and got it set up! But let me tell you - talk about high stress!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! I don't know how bakers do that?!?! Transporting a wedding cake or any large cake for that matter has to be in the category of HIGH STRESS jobs! Kudos to you, cake delivery people because I don't think i could ever do that again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm stressed just reading that! WAY.TO.GO!!!!

    (What was the cake transportation for?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack S. got married this past weekend so for the board retreat dinner in BG they wanted to get him and his new wife a mini-wedding cake - enter me as the place we got the cake does not deliver!

    I didn't mind doing it until I got in the car and realized how stressful it can be!

    ReplyDelete