Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is black the new red?



Is black nail polish in?

I have seen more and more celebrities like Jessica and Lindsay wearing black nail polish lately and even someone came into one of my committee meetings this week with black nail polish on! I don't have a big problem with the black nail polish ecspecially if you have a little harder/rocker/punkish/goth side to you - but IN MY OPINION for everyone else I am just not getting it!?!?! I guess I just don't understand black for your "everyday" wear?

If you are someone who wears black nail polish or likes it, please explain - because I am not getting it! Or maybe it is because I just like clear nail polish because color on my nails makes my fingers look chunky ~ who knows!! Not that big deal to me, just curious!

Anywho -what is your favorite color/brand of nail polish (for toes or fingers) for this fall?

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you blogged about this today J... Last night, I had a huge urge to paint my nails a really dark, almost black color. (Couldn't find anything at home though so I ended up with a red that I'll probably take off tonight...)

    Anyway, I really enjoy the deep, dark colors - especially on short nails. I don't know if I'd go completely black, but I'd go pretty dark.

    Since I can't be trendy with skinny jeans (no way on this bod!), I'm content following the nail trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the black at all.

    I think this is the perfect example of some stylist saying, "Black is now "IT" for nail polish." And for some reason, all of the mindless celebrities are following suit.

    I think the dark, deep fall colors look great on short nails, too. (I agree, K.) But the black? Ew.

    ReplyDelete