Monday, October 23, 2006

Could I Have Some Quiet Please?!?!?!

So this weekend Terry and I went out to dinner (NOT to celebrate sweetest day as we do not celebrate this “holiday”) but just a random go out and get dinner night!

We tried this new restaurant in the area, Bluepoint Fish Club – Click Here. We splurged a little bit on dinner, which was a nice treat. I got Mahi Mahi in a chipotle butter, black beans and rice and broccoli. Terry had a pan seared steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli. He also had oysters – YUCK! And we each had a drink. It was really nice, GREAT GREAT food but only a place you go occasionally because of the price (well at least for us b/c T. has to get his oysters b/c there are not a lot of places around here that sell good ones).

Now while we were there, in this fairly nice restaurant. I mean it isn’t suit and tie but it isn’t a local sports bar either. We had a couple tables right behind us who were watching the World Series and yelling and hollering during the dinner. This actually kind of annoyed me – but didn’t ruin our night! I have never seen people at a nicer place like this yelling like it was BW3’s!!!! We paid for a nice meal and along with that meal comes atmosphere, in my opinion. It just really surprised me. I am guessing the women forced the guys to take them out for sweetest day and the guys wanted to make sure they went somewhere that had a TV so they could watch the game – UGH!!! Either men be quiet for the one hour that you are with your significant other and get your head out of the TV or girls let your men stay at home and watch the game if they are going to act like idiots. I don’t get to go out all that often with my husband and just have a nice (quiet) dinner – where we treat ourselves, so even though it didn’t ruin our night it defiantly made me appreciate my wonderful husband even more!! I am glad I actually have a gentleman in my life who is respectful of others and knows how to “act” in public. We like to have fun as well but we also know manors!

Oh well – I do suggest this restaurant as the food was fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. It SOUNDS like your meal was great!

    (Have you tried oysters?)

    And yes, the people should have been quiet. Totally.

    ReplyDelete