Friday, October 27, 2006

Learn to Listen

Ok, one more political thing that pisses me off - BIG TIME!

I have recently gotten into a small discussion about the war (my bad). I said how I PERSONALLY believed this war was stupid and I don't believe we are doing the right thing being over there. This immediatly turned into - how can you not support the troups and this war. UM, excuse me! I NEVER said I didn't support the troups, I said I don't believe in the WAR!!!

So here is the thing people who fall into this judgemental, not actually listening to what I am saying category. A person can not believe in the war but still support the troops! Yes, this is 100% possible. Don't jump down my throat because you were not listening to what I said! I will support the troops for as long as they are over there and even if they are not over there. They are doing a VERY unbelievebly great thing by protecting our country - MY LIFE, YOUR LIFE. I don't think I could express how much support I have for them. But I am still allowed to believe that I don't think they should be over there and that this war should not be happening and has lost it's direction.

People, let us actually learn to listen to those around us before we start yelling back. As we grow closer to the political games it is all about yelling, name calling and back stabbing and is anyone actually listening to those around them or more importantly addressing the concerns of a nation??? Maybe if we actually listened to what people around us had to say then we could begin to fix the problems AND not misinterpret the opinions of those around you.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you on this war - it's time to end it. but, in this seemingly PC world we live in that equals not supporting the TROOPS! BIG DIFFERENCE! i do support our troops, i just don't support this war.

    ReplyDelete