Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What To Do?!?!



First - I have to say that I think these gloves are SO cute! I love the color and the style!


So here is my dilemma that I need some help with. If you happen to wear rings what do you do about gloves? I currently am wearing knit gloves that are fingerless with a full glove underneath. (I like fingerless gloves but not useful when bitter cold like yesterday!) The knit gloves are nice b/c my hands don't get too sweaty but they get caught on the prongs of my ring and I don't want to ruin my ring. Also, with the knit gloves, my ring is starting to push through the knitting and riuning the gloves. I have also tried a leather pair from last year and they are too tight around the ring. I have been looking and trying gloves on and haven't found a style that works when wearing a ring like mine!

I know there has to be an easy solution, but I guess I am not seeing it! I just need a light material to keep my hands warm that will not ruin my ring! Do I just keep trying on gloves until I find the right one, is there a certain fabric I should look for, do I just deal with it........Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a tough one...

    I do like knit gloves/mittens the best, but that is a problem if you have prongs.

    I have found that fleece gloves are almost perfect. They stretch enough to fit the ring, unlike leather...and the don't get caught like knit. Plus they're warm and breathable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart fingerless gloves.

    But yeah, I've found that gloves/engagement rings are like oil and water. (However, I would gladly forgo gloves for my ring!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I switched from leather gloves to fleece gloves (like Mrs. Turtle) when I got engaged. (My ring sat up too high.)

    Now, when in cold weather, I just turn my ring DOWN -- I do that with my golf glove, too.

    Fingerless gloves seem pointless to me. Why wouldn't you want your fingers covered up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it sounds like fleece is the way to go, I will have to try them!

    The reason I love fingerless gloves (excluding when it is super bitter cold) is for two reasons. One because when I am driving it is easier for me to drive in fingerless gloves and while they still keep my hands warm I don't feel restricted driving. And two is because I don't like my fingers sweating when i wear gloves!

    Thanks for the advice....I think I am going to try the fleece!!!

    ReplyDelete