Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Please.....Stop!



Fact: I get VERY annoyed when people chew, slurp, smack, talk or make any other overly loud and unnecessary noises when they are eating.

Fact: Celery is a very loud and crunchy food

Fact: When people eat big pieces of celery (even if they are trying to be polite) it still annoys me.

Solution: Don't eat celery except in the comfort of your own home or in small snack size pieces!
.........

Someone in my office (a few doors down) is eating a stalk of celery, yes, they grabbed a stalk and are taking big bites right off the stalk thus making a VERY loud and crunchy noise that is driving me crazy! I mean good for them for choosing a healthy snack but please for the sake of sanity, cut the celery into smaller less noisy pieces.


Final Thoughts: I know we can not control the crunch factor of celery but there are things we can do to decrease the annoyance of it! Please be aware and make changes as needed.

Thank you.


(Sorry, I have been really annoyed lately and my posts will reflect that. I will try to make happier posts...once someone puts down the damn celery!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. Celery stalks should be banned from offices. As should gum. People who crack their gum ALL DAY EVERYDAY are completely disrespectful and unprofessional. It's rude.

    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand wk. Thank goodness for headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, that would put me over the edge.

    You're totally right. Annoying and rude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:20 PM

    I agree whole heartedly. I say speak up.

    My father in law was once smacking and slurping away at MY HOUSE in MY DINING room.

    ME: Are your lips were in some type of trouble?

    HIM: (confusingly answered) No?

    ME: Then why are you smaking the sin out of them?

    (awkward silence)

    MY WIFE: A!!! CAN YOU COME BACK HERE IN THE BEDROOM FOR A SECOND!!!

    Lesson learned: if you are a man and your in-laws are over, it's okay for them to be loud when not talking and it's NOT okay for me to indulge myself correcting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! Bluffton, yes I think that is one of the exceptions! I wouldn't say that to my in-laws no matter how annoyed I was!

    ReplyDelete