Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tip of The Day!





I am a huge fan of creative table decorations and themed parties. Now that I have a house I am actually hoping to throw some and put my "event planning" skills to a fun use!!!

I am a big fan of taking everyday house hold items or going to the dollar store and using them to make awesome table decorations! There are so many things you can do that are inexpensive, easy and look beautiful! This year I am thinking about taking a glass vase and adding to it frozen peas and whole cranberries (add water on top) with a few fake flowers in it! (I will post a picture when I make it). I will also take my martini glasses and fill with holiday M&M’s and Hershey kisses. I also like creating different heights on tables (if you are throwing a cocktail party) by using pots, pans, books, whatever*and covering them with linens. The different heights add so much to your table!

Another idea (I saw on the Rachael Ray show) is to take large veggies (like a squash or eggplant) and carve out the center and put a tea light or some small flowers in the center! I think this is SO clever! Above is also cute and SO easy. Just take Christmas bulbs/ornaments and put them in a clear glass bowl or stack them on a plate. Maybe add some linens around or flowers to fill out the table!

I suggest trying to use what you have around the house as decorations first and try to use that stuff to think of neat ideas for decorations before spending the money to go buy stuff!!!!


Do you have any unique decoration ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment