Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Gift Ideas!

So if you are like me and still have not gotten Christmas gifts for everyone on your list this year I have a few ideas that may help! I am not an expert, but these are things I have done in the past and/or my friends have done that seem to go over very well, don't take up too much time and are reasonably priced!! I know I am not saying anything new - but it is my blog and I want to put it down :-)



1. Gift Cards (two pretzels covered this one and I second gift cards as a choice for your friends and family!) There are VISA gift cards if you just want the person to pick out what they want, restaurant, clothing stores, GAS CARDS are great, the list goes on and on and on - it is awesome!!! You can make it a little more personalized by putting a restaurant gift card in those cute Chinese take out style boxes you can get at craft stores and include a take out menu so they know what is there before they go! Put a starbucks/coffee gift card in a personalized or picture mug (that tip to come below).

2. DotPhoto is great! I can't go into too much detail b/c a few of my family members may be getting stuff from here but two pretzels introduced me sometime ago to Dotphoto. It is a place where you can upload your digital photos for free and create albums for people to view. You can also purchase prints online for a very reasonable price. But the best part is the gifts dotphoto offers! They have wonderful mugs that are dishwasher safe and great quality, wine bottle labels, key tags, coasters, posters, calendars, TONS of stuff! It is all at a good price AND they are fast to ship out. I ordered stuff last week and got free standard shipping and I already have what I ordered. I highly recommend personalizing your gifts with dotphoto!

3. Themed gifts. (I do this!) Make a movie night basket that included a gift card to a movie store or a couple of their favorite movies, popcorn, pop, and their favorite candy. A relaxing gift bag can include a message gift card (or an offer to give that person one yourself ;-), add some candles, wine, a relaxing CD, lotions or even an offer to make or buy dinner.

4. Remote control car starter! I have one and LOVE it! You can usually find these for around $100 to buy and install. I use mine all year round and I think it is the best thing!

5. Bake cookies! For the people that have a sweet tooth bake some cookies or brownies and put them on a nice christmas plate (if you are from the Toledo area go to Libby's Glass downtown for that!!).



Any ideas you have for giving gifts? Please feel free to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment