Monday, November 27, 2006

Tenacious D - ROCKS!!!!



So this past Saturday night my husband, sister and I (M & MD were also there with pretty kick-ass seats) went to see Tenacious D in Detroit! I have to say – I was blown away, the concert was AWESOME!!!!

They preformed for just over two hours straight with only a couple minute “set-change” in there. They sounded great and played every song I wanted to hear! They have to be the greatest rock band ever!! I have never seen them before live and didn’t know what to expect and was completely blown away with how great and fun they were! They even did the Who’s CD “Tommy” montage at the end of the concert – how cool is that?!?!?! I have to say this was a nice little capper to a great Thanksgiving weekend we had!

I do have to say there were a couple “issues” with the concert we noticed…. The crazy “frat” boys sitting in front of us smoking stink-ass, rancid weed; the crazy “frat” boys in front of us singing loudly to each song to each other (weird); the $20 to park (however – not so bad b/c I would have paid $50 to be as close as we were to the theater when in Detroit); it was freak’n hot where we were standing; and Dave Grohl wasn't there, not that I thought he would be but I wanted him to be there - hehe ……but overall it was SO VERY AWESOME!!!!

I had a great time and highly suggest seeing one of their shows!

M & MD, I hope you had a great time as well!!!

2 comments:

  1. P.S. - What also rocks is the fact that when you go to a concert like this that is mainly men there is NO wait in the ladies room! Yeah, totally awesome! The guys had lines, the women - Nothing!!!

    SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we totally had a good time!

    They are so goofy and entertaining! And I must give credit to Jack Black for truly being a talented singer - I really do think he has a great voice!

    I enjoyed myself... and the short lines in the bathroom as well!

    ReplyDelete