Monday, November 13, 2006

Sex on the Big Screen?!?! (again)




Ok, first off - I LOVE Sex in the City! I was very sad to see the show end!
I watch it over and over and never get tired of it! Ever since the show up and ended a couple years ago there have been talks on and off of a movie. Not everyone seemed on board with the idea of a movie, but apparently that may be changing! Rumors have it that they may be in the process of seriously looking into creating a Sex in the City movie!

I have to admit I would be VERY happy to see a Sex in the City movie made b/c I would love to see something new and see where else these characters could go! However I do have an internal conflict with this idea! Don't get me wrong I will be first in line and WILL see the movie because I really do miss the show and think the show ended too early! However, I love the show SO much that I would hate to be disappointed if the movie was not as good as I would hope it to be! (even though I really don’t think this is likely) Also, putting a 40 minute TV show into a movie could be tricky, and maybe the show isn’t meant to be on the big screen?!?! AND, the way the show ended was great to me. I think they kept true to the characters and ended the show in a way that left you wanting more but also satisfied – and that is a good way to end!

Sigh – who knows! I just don’t want them to keep teasing me! Either put a movie out or shut up because my emotions can not take this!


P.S. – I think the writers would do a fantastic job on a movie script!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I would totally watch this. However, I feel they need to do it quickly because there could be too much distance between the show ending and the movie ... characters get older, people forget what happened at the end, the actors forget or don't capture the same emotion they had in the tv show because it's been a while. You know, that kind of thing.

    I agree, if they are going to do it, they need to do it now.

    ReplyDelete