Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm Just Not That Into You



I have to admit I feel like such an outcast during this weekend :(



I wish I was truly passionate for either one of these teams but I am not. Growing up I just never got into this rivalry and never really watched college football until I myself actually got to college. Infact I bought my first Ohio State Sweatshirt 4 years ago so I would have something to wear to work on the dress down day for the game. This is sad, I know.

My family watched the game but there was never a big deal made about this game, or at least not a big enough deal that would make me interested! I didn’t really care to watch sports, I would much rather live my loner life up in my room listening to music and doing something artsy alone. Football was not on my list of fun things I enjoyed watching. If I did watch sports it was ALWAYS baseball! I love baseball! And if I watched football it was nothing but the Browns for me! I am all about the Browns!! But college football - not so much. I just never got into it and now I feel it is too late to be choosing sides b/c my heart isn't with either team.

I will still watch the game b/c one thing is for sure it is always a great game and it is an excuse to drink beer and eat snacks for us! I still get excited to see everyone else get so excited about their teams, that is awesome to have that much passion! But T & I will probably record the game and watch it Saturday evening (he works). And it will be nothing more than a normal weekend for us!

I hope everyone enjoys the game!



T. will be cheering for MI!!

4 comments:

  1. i agree. i mean, i know it's a HUGE rivalry, but i'm indifferent as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know I am not the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally acceptable.

    Really, and how wonderful of you both to admit your indifference.

    And yes, W.K. - it is definitely lovely to have a reason to get together and snack and have a couple of brewskis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this game because it's a part of my childhood. In elementary school everyone got to dress up in their favorite team colors and stuff and parade around the school. It was a great day.

    Now, I like football, I like Ohio State, and I LOVE the food that accompanies these types of events!! So, yeah, I'm a total fan! And it's always nice to find an excuse to drink in the middle of the day. Sometimes that's fun.

    ReplyDelete