Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Question of The Day?



So i started packing and I have realized T & I have a rather large collection of CD's between the two of us! I own around 425 and terry owns slightly over 500! Is this normal??? I knew I loved CD's and had a rather large number but when I actually counted them last night I was rather amazed! Now, this does include burned copies of CD's and the CD's I have gotten from i-tunes and does not include records that we will be burning to CD (you can do this now!). I think it is b/c I am in a music club and get awesome deals on CD's and the fact we just love music! I don't know how large a bookshelf we will need when we combine our CD's together in the new place?!?!?! It should be interesting! It also opened my eyes to some of the interesting phases of music I have gone through! You name it I have tried listening to it! I think now I have definatly found my taste in music to be rock, blues, and metal but I still love every CD I own!

Some of my "favorites" I came across that I forgot about:
1. Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled his Feat (I LOVED this CD)
2. Green Day - Dookie (Still one of my favorites!!!)
3. Montell Jordan - This is How we do it (during my R&B Phase)
4. I owned all the Boyz to Men/Backstreet Boys/N'Sync Cd's - I tried to listen to these to fit in but I really didn't like that type of music (HS peer pressure) I am embarrassed :(
5. Hanson - mmm Bop (don't knock it people, great CD)
6. Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack - (fits the Montell Jordan Phase) I think there was a two year period that I only bought CD's from movie soundtracks and/or show tunes!

I could keep going - but these all specifically made me smile and think about certain times in my life! I think that is why I truly love music b/c it can take you back to a certain period in your life and all those memories from that time come flowing back. To me music is about healing, love, fun, inspiration, encouragement, release, and much much more! I will not be selling any of these CD's anytime soon b/c to me these are just like pictures, moments in time that help me remember all the times in my life!

I guess we will just need a bigger bookshelf!

So the Question of the Day????
Do you have certain CD's that take you back to a certain time/place? Or CD's you can't believe you use to like, still own or won't get rid of?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    so I guess this means I can cross CDs off your Christmas gift list this year. Household items only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! Mom you are too funny! You know I will never tell you to cross CD's off MY x-mas list, hehehe :) But yes, household items may be very beneficial to us this year!

    (you can save the CD's for my B-Day, LOL! Oh, and welcome to the world of blogging!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading the CDs that you listed. HA!

    I too, was a huge fan of Boyz II Men and the like. (I even had SWV. Remember them?)

    HA!

    How funny, J. You know, at least you're eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, no I do not think owning nearly 1000 CDs is normal!!!

    But, I do think it's cool!

    ReplyDelete