Thursday, November 09, 2006

No Clean Clothes for Us!



So I do not agree with stealing, however I must recognize what happened this week in our apartment complex.


So we live in a traditional 12 unit/3 floor apartment complex in a college town. We are on the bottom floor and right outside our "unit" in the hall are 2 washers and 2 dryers. We often say it is nice living that close to the washers and dryers because we can hear people everytime someone takes their clothes out or put some in and we know when to or when not to wash our clothes. So, anywho - Our landlord just installed a brand new washer and dryer just a couple months ago! Since we had 4 crappy ones before it was nice to have at least one brand new washer and dryer that worked great! So I must say that I was rather surprised when I came home the other night and noticed our washer and dryer were gone out of our apartment complex.

I told T. that evening that they were gone and T said that isn't right and proceeded to call our landlord. Lets just say the landlord was not happy on the other end of the phone b/c apparently someone had stolen the new washer and dryer sometime the night before! WHAT??? HOW???

Terry said he went to bed around 2am and never heard anything so apparently these sneaky bandits took the washer and dryer early in the wee morning hours and without being seen by anyone. You see, this is a college town, I would have expected someone to be up!!! So these dirty clothed bandits unhooked the washer & dryer, quietly moved it from it's snug position between another dryer and the washer, carried it up steps, loaded into a large truck (I assume), and drove off in the middle of the night without being seen or heard. WOW! If only these bandits had the same determination in life that they had for stealing a $600 washer and dryer set then I bet they could do great things in this world! So now there is a big void where our new washer and dryer was (literally & figuratively) and a pile of dirty clothes that have no where to go!

So even though I don't encourage or support stealing, I have to at least give these fine model citizens credit for knowing how to steal such large items without being seen or heard. Way to go and thanks alot - assholes!!!


Reason 742 I can't WAIT to get out of these apartments!

No comments:

Post a Comment