Thursday, September 28, 2006

So Hair’s the Thing!

So I have been thinking what to do with my hair now that the wedding is over. I have grown it out because I wanted it as long as possible for the wedding. I LOVED my wedding hair, nice and long and wavy! But now that it is over my hair just feels – ick. I need to get it cut and I thought some new hairstyle would be cute!

I have been debating on whether to go with a shorter/medium hair cut or just a new hairstyle keeping the length. I thought I would look in gossip magazines and on websites to find what the celebrities are doing – for I can not think for myself and need to be a sheep and follow what society tells me to do! But as I was looking in magazines and on-line I began to notice something – there are no hairstyles at the present moment. No signature “Jennifer Aniston” type style that everyone is copying!! I couldn’t even find one random option for just a cute new hairstyle for me! WHAT? It seems as though the “hairstyle” of choice is just what I call “there it is”. People just have their hair hanging down, no style, it is just there! (of course excluding special event hair) Why is this? It seems to me that I always remember many different fad hairstyle or at least different options from celebrities but now the fad is the…. I am too cool to have a style look. It is a mix of messy, just woke up hair strategically styled for hours to look like celebrities are just average Joes.

So now I am stuck, I don’t know what to do….do I cut it off leave it long – I am lost!!! How could Hollywood let me down? I needed them and they turned their way to cool for school backs on me. UGH - So I guess I have to live with my split ends and dull looking hair until some celebrities can step up and create hairstyles that will attract the masses! I am lost and need help! What do I do??? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, any suggestions on hairstyles? I guess I will just google my hairstyles for now. (sigh)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I think you hair looked gorgeous in your wedding photos. Maybe you should just get it trimmed and add a WHOLE bunch of layers? OR, go to a good salon and just tell them that you like the length - but need a new "style change."

    I would then cut it shorter as soon as spring rolls around!

    (And I agree with you - there's no, "got-to-have-it" hairstyle right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea, I am just torn on what exactly to do. I have an appointment tonight for at least a trim and style. I am going to Shamas - and I just happen to get M. hairdresser! I am going to see what she suggests as well. I am horrible with deciding what to do with my hair!! I will let you know how it turns out :-D

    ReplyDelete