Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're Married!!!!


Please welcome Mr. & Mrs. H.!!!!!



So I have been trying to figure out what to say all day on my blog about the wedding this weekend. I started writing and before you know it I have written over a page! I just can’t stop thinking about this weekend and I keep remembering other things that I loved about the past weekend!!! So basically it comes down to the following……I loved every moment of this entire weekend! I had a great time and I am so happy to finally be married to the man I love! I feel so blessed to have all our family and friends there with us as well as the many wishes we have received over the last week! It is amazing how much love I/we have felt recently! It is actually overwhelming and we appreciate it so much!!

The weekend itself couldn’t have gone better. Considering a lot of my bridesmaids didn’t know each other and didn’t know Terry’s groomsmen everyone got along so well! The whole weekend was just focused on being relaxed, having a great time with family and friends and just having the love of those around us! ….. Oh, I just feel so lucky!

The night before the ceremony everyone who was in town gathered together at the hotel Pub for drinks! This was such a great time! We drank (I got a little tipsy), talked, listen to music and just had a blast!!! It was so much fun! Of course I had to leave at 11:50 pm so I wouldn’t see T. on our “wedding” day!!!! But the night was a great kick-off to the weekend and gave everyone a chance to get to know each other a little more!

It was also so great to see Terry before the ceremony. We had a moment with just the two of us in the church were we got to just hold each other and breathe before everything began! I loved taking pictures before the ceremony because everyone was just relaxed and no one felt rushed! Even though we started later than we wanted b/c T & his men had to go play on the McDonalds train by the hotel….LOL!!! Everything ran smoothly and on time! The only thing that happened and the one thing I can’t remember was I couldn’t make it through my vows. I cried like a baby and now I can’t even remember what I said. It was “ I Jennifer, take you Terry, to be my lawful Husband……..cry cry cry cry….” I don’t even know if I said what the priest told me to say, LOL!!! My photographers better photoshop the snot and tears that were all over my face the rest of the ceremony! (P.S. I was surprised how short the ceremony was for a Catholic Church. We didn’t do the mass but it went a lot faster than we thought it would!!)

The reception was lovely and everything we wanted….I really hope everyone had a great time, I know I did! I hope people drank a lot too so I didn’t seem like I was acting too crazy - I didn’t drink because I was on an emotional high and sweating in my 20 pound dress but I still managed to act like I had thrown a few back :D I danced most of the night with my family and friends and tried to talk to everyone – P.S. again. that is the hardest part and what I feel the worst about, not being able to spend as much time with people as I would have liked :(

The food was great all weekend – in fact I felt like all we did was eat the entire weekend! I love food, but I can not even think about food anymore! Kylee, now I know how you felt when you came home before going to MX and you said all you did was eat – UGH!!!! But the food was great! We had a family style Amish meal at an Amish Restaurant back home. There was SO much food they kept passing to us. Chicken, ham, roastbeef, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, buttered noodles, corn, pie – oh we were all in a food coma!!!! At the reception we had chicken breast with a new orleans sauce on the side, shredded pork with two sauces, red beans and rice, red skin potatoes, ziti, green beans, corn bread and rolls, and of course YUMMY cake!!! (we have so much cake left!!!) The food was so delicious however my dress started getting tighter after the first two bites or so…..but it was worth it!!!

I just can’t get over the fact that it is over. There is a sense of relief now that we are married and the planning is done but also I would love to have that day last forever because it was wonderful!!! I feel like I experienced every moment to its fullest and couldn’t have asked for anything better!

I am so thankful to everyone but especially my parents. We couldn’t have had such a wonderful and perfect day without them! Words can never say how thankful and appreciative we are for EVERYTHING they have done! We love you SO much and are so grateful to have parents in my life who will support the decisions I make and be there by my side. I have said this so much but I feel so blessed to have parents and a sister who have taken Terry in with open arms and have showed him so much love and acceptance. In reverse I am also blessed to have a husband who loves my family so much and will be there for them whenever they need him. I am truly lucky to have the people I love and care about the most love and care for each other! Thank you thank you thank you….I love you SO much!!!

….Ok need to stop, could get more emotional…..

So I probably need to stop as I could sit here another 4 hours and find things to write about!!! This was the most condensed version of the wedding I could write, but no worries – I will be writing everything down in a journal so I will never forget this wonderful time!

Thanks again for the lovely wedding wishes and to those who came I hope you enjoyed yourself, it was so nice to have you take part in this weekend!

I will try to limit my wedding talk on my blogs now, but I am sure a few more blogs may pop up ;-)

By the way, I had the most gorgeous and kindest bridesmaids ever! I am truly blessed in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:45 PM

    YAY!
    YAY!
    YAY!

    I'm so everything worked out so well for you! I heard it was an amazingly beautiful day!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was so beautiful J!!!! So perfect! I'm so happy for you and Terry! You are so perfect for one another:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)

    I'm smiling HUGELY for you!

    CONGRATULATIONS Mr. and Mrs. H.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! I got the chills reading this! And I was there. It was great to see you so happy!

    Enjoy married life! :)

    ReplyDelete