Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Too early for this!

So every morning around 7:35 a.m. (and sometimes again at 7:55 a.m.) I have the privilege to hear a commercial for a local “Gentleman’s Club”. Now, I have nothing against Gentleman’s clubs – whatever floats your boat – but what I do have a problem with is hearing about this club before I have had my morning cup of coffee.

So this particular club has a special themed night every Thursday. They promote the so-called event all week. Here are some of the themed events/contests they have had over the last couple months: Biggest breasts in the Midwest, best breasts in the Midwest (there is a difference between these two), barely legal contest (18 & 19 years old only), wet shirt contest, lesbian kiss contest (“lesbians” not the only ones who need apply), MILF contest, and the current one and my personal fav – pregnant, aka “MILF to be”, contest. WHAT?!?! Seriously – WHAT?!?! Now I guess they need some variety in their club, just not the same old pole dancing show – but seeing pregnant women in their bikinis and less – how is that attractive? Insert Personal Disclaimer - Now, if you are pregnant, I am not saying you are ugly by any means – I think pregnant people have a beautiful glow and are very attractive. However, I know from friends talking you get veins showing, maybe stretch marks and other body changing things happen that may not be as sexy to show off on a stage in heals in your skivvies in front of horney patrons. You will not look like a pregnant Demi or Britney on the cover of a magazine – we know they have been airbrushed A LOT!!

I know they need to advertise and get people in their place, but every morning this is what I hear on my way to work. Why the morning? Is it because it is the white collar business type that find their way to this club more so than any other group of people? Maybe they are advertising to all those men on their way to their boring upper-middle management jobs who just left a screaming kid and a wife at home and this commercial gives them something to fantasize about – who knows! All I know is this commercial makes me think, what women would do this and oh yeah…..why do you have to advertise before 8 a.m.?!?! I guess I really have nothing more to say, it is just interesting to me and thought I would share. Any insight to this world would be nice!

1 comment:

  1. Eeeew. That's just wrong. Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll should be off limits from about 6 a.m. to at least noonish. So should the words "largest breasts," "wet t-shirt contest," "MILF," etc.

    Not cool.

    ReplyDelete