Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Love....





I LOVE these "cookies"!!!!!


This week I went over to Wixey Bakery to place an order for a small cake to celebrate our one year wedding Anniversary in a few weeks. No, we didn't keep our cake. It tasted too good and I couldn't get over the eating of something that was a year old - YUCK!

The place we got our original wedding cake is three hours away so I decided to try this place as I have heard it is delicious! And let me tell you my friends - this place rocks!!!

I got an assortment of delicious sweet treats from the bakery for my husband and I to try and we are SO impressed! However, my personal favorite are these cookies above.

I don't know what they are called, I just called them black & white "cookies" but really they are a round piece of heaven! The "cookie" is really like a cake. I believe they use yellow cake batter to make a soft cookie type treat. Then (obviously by the pic. above) half the cookie has a hard white icing and the other half chocolate. YUM!

So I have to say, if you are in the area (in Toledo off Glendale) you must stop at Wixey Bakery and ask for these "Black & White" cookies! You will not be sorry!!



(By the way, the cake we ordered was slightly different from our wedding cake. We ended up going with a chocolate cake with white icing which is what we had before. However we added raspberry filling!!! We can't wait till Sept. 16 to celebrate and eat this tasty cake!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! When we went to New York I had to get one of these. I only know about them because of Seinfeld but they are apparently a New York staple. So I got one. (And you're right, they are called the black and white cookie.)

    They are FABULOUS! I had no idea they would be that thick! I enjoyed every bite of it. However, I must warn you, do NOT eat some of it and put it in your purse, I am still picking out crumbs from mine.

    Yay for the black and white cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wixey Bakery is amazing. I might have to go there for lunch today. Thanks WK!

    ReplyDelete